Friday, July 31, 2009

Goodbye Caney "Wonder Dog" Serpico

In The Mountains of NH, Men are made.



Born: January 20, 1999  Died: July 31, 2009 at 5:25pm

Justin was his person:  June 8th 1999 - forever.

Love you, and thank you for showing us Wonder Dog one more time last weekend. You are indisputable proof that no matter how bad things are that there is no such thing as a bad day on the trail.

I miss you already but I know you are arrogantly leading the pack somewhere. Go play with your best friend Russell. Say hi to Mom (just try to pretend you know/want to heel when she walks you).  Go find Madi, she wanted a white dog, and now she has a really good one.

I always felt like you were a person trapped in a dogs body. If that is true, I will gladly be your dog next time around.

Right now I can't imagine having to go so long till we spend time on the trail together again, but we will always be closest to you when we are in the mountains.


First or Second Overnight Paddling Trip (2000)


Blogged with the Flock Browser

7 comments:

  1. Justin, I'm sorry. I think you had a great chance to go on the trail once more with Caney. He will not suffer any more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Justin, my deepest condolences for your loss. I have not been a follower for very long but I have been an animal lover for a long, long time. We lost our beloved Holly cat a short time ago so I feel I know what you are going through. Please take solice in knowing that Caney is no longer in pain and that he will be woting for you at the Rainbow Bridge when it is your time to be back with him. We will always keep them in our hearts and memories.

    Darryl N.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Justin, I'm so sorry to hear this news. Mary and I send our condolences to you and Aim. There's very little we can say that will help you through this difficult time but just know you have friends thinking about you and sharing in your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sorry to hear this - your pictures of Caney have always been wonderful. You have made a lifetime of memories to hang on to...you were very lucky to have been his human, and he was equally lucky to have had you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really sorry about your loss Justin. What a truly wonderful (wonder)dog he was. At least all dogs go to heaven.

    Best,
    Somanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wanted to thank everyone for the comments on Caney's passing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Justin,
    I was just catching up on a friend's comment about looking over your blog. My sincerest condolences about your companion...
    We lost our little furred one in April 2008 and as I posted then on my own blog, it is a loss that is so hard to accept...
    You honour your relationship with Caney by what you write here and through your memories...
    Take care,
    DSD

    ReplyDelete