Monday, July 13, 2009

Hey I'm still a border collie!


No he isn't gonna climb a 6000 ft peak or hike the Great Range but he keeps reminding me why he is Wonder Dog, and why he is borderline invincible. Even Achilles had a heel, Bolt had styrofoam, and Superman had kryptonite.

Today after breakfast I got ready to leave for my PT appointment, gave him a kiss and opened the door. From laying down 10 ft away, he was up and out the door before I could react. I should have put him back in but it was too nice out to do that. So I did the only thing he would let me do, got a bowl, a water bottle, and a leash and headed out the door with him. He flew down the stairs toward the car like he was 110%.

To late for PT and with no suitable shade to park we were forced to find alternative entertainment before our lunch date with Aim.


We walked along the bike path on what is a sunny, dry, cool-ly breezy, 75F degree day, near perfect as far as we are concerned because we both hate the heat and humidity. We walked a half mile, and now we are laying in the grass, in the shade watching cyclist and rollerbladers, walkers and joggers occasionally pass by.


In a few minutes we will be on our way to lunch at the Control Tower. Time for a hamburger and buffalo chicken wrap.

-- Sent from my Palm wireless device

2 comments:

  1. He's so happy!

    :)

    Glad you guys are having fun. Wish I could join you!

    See you Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know where you guys live because that's where Stanley and I need to move. The weather sounds incredible (I live in Texas, enough said on many, many counts). On top of that the leash police here are just horrible. I just got through paying $184 for a "dog at large." Starsky or maybe it was Hutch wrote me this ticket as Stanley was laying by his water cooler watching the world go by after our walk.

    I happy to see you guys are still out and having fun.

    He certainly is a handsome dog.

    I really want to thank you guys. Stanley is abour 8 years old. Stumbling on your blog from Yvon's Pentaxdslrs.com has made me realize how much I need to cherish every day I have with Stanley. It's also made me realize how much he has done for me (except the rolling in coyote poop part and then there was the getting sprayed by a skunk part and the snake bite trip to the emergency vet part...). :-)

    Thanks so much!

    Have a great day!!!

    JSB

    ReplyDelete